Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A great gift!

From the moment Mommy found out she was pregnant, she started reading about ways to bond with me. Mommy was turned on to baby-wearing by her friend Erica who wore sons Ethan and Miles in a sling from the time the were tiny infants through toddlerhood! Erica was so good that she could wear both kids at once. Mommy saw how happy the boys were being so close to their mommy and how calm Erica was when the boys were so near her. And so my mommy fell in love the idea of baby-wearing. She bought several kinds of slings and baby-carriers. We tried the sling quite a few times, but I wanted nothing to do with the it. But we did find that we both loved the Mei-tai!! Mommy bought a beautiful one from http://www.meitaibaby.com/ and we used it a lot! Here we are:

At a base family day

Hanging out at the beach! Even Daddy got in on the babywearing action a few times donning our Snugli
Since I have gotten bigger, mommy passed our Mei-Tai on to friends Jennifer and baby Jagger.

So are you wondering what this has to do with my life as a big toddler? Well, Mommy's friend Kellie Wilcox Leon has a business making slings (If you want one, let Mommy know and she will put you in touch with Kellie). And since she didn't get to make one for me when I was a baby, Kellie made me one I can use now!! I think being able to carry my baby dolls and my stuffed animals in my sling. And I look pretty cute doing it too!

No comments: