Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Working on Walking!

As many of you know, I have had a little trouble with walking! At 16 months, my pediatrician, Dr. Mousa, referred me for a Physical Therapy(PT) evaluation. They said my feet were turning in a little and it made walking scary for me. The physical therapist recommended Sure Step http://www.surestep.net/braces and weekly PT sessions! It has been a long process, but I finally got my braces (with pink and purple flowers), as well as somereally cool shoes called Hatchbacks http://www.hatchbacksfootwear.com/index.htm I also got some Crocs since they work great with my braces too! I started PT sessions 2 weeks ago with Miss Nikki! She is sooo much fun and has lots of toys to help me learn to walk! I am improving every day - I should be walking all by myself in no time!! Here are some pictures of me practicing!
Standing with my braces on!!
Practicing on Cookie and Papa's stairs......and in our front yard!!
Our driveway is really steep and great for strengthing my ankles
Standing at my sand table is good for me too!
I like "working" at the splashpad...
...and walking between Cookie and Papa!

No comments: